The conditions of probation prohibited Defendant from possessing sexually explicit material – including child pornography, accessing the internet or electronic devices without permission, using nonapproved social media or chat websites, and consuming alcohol or drugs. A standard condition of probation for child pornography-related crimes required Defendant to “submit at any time to an unannounced visit and/or search of the offender’s person, vehicle or premises by the agent/designee.”
Click Here to Schedule Your Free Criminal Defense Consultation
In Child Pornography Cases Indirect Evidence Can Lead to Conviction. The defendant argues there was insufficient evidence to support his conviction for production of child pornography. The defendant argues that while the minor victim testified Ashford requested and she sent sexually explicit pictures of herself to his Facebook Messenger account, no direct evidence showed he actually sent and received those communications.
Expert testimony can play an important part in child pornography cases. In this case, the defendant contends that the prosecution’s expert lacked the qualifications necessary to provide an expert opinion as to identity-based upon the comparison of finger and knuckle creases as shown in the two sets of photos. The defendant claims that the government’s expert instead used a generic method unreliable for the comparison of finger and knuckle creases.
- Understanding License Revocation and DWI Arrest TimelinesFebruary 17, 2024 - 9:02 pm
- Felony DWI: Analyzing Proof Requirements in Habitual Offender CasesFebruary 5, 2024 - 12:39 pm
- Applying Equal Protection Analysis in Limited Driving Privilege CasesJanuary 24, 2024 - 4:56 pm
- Understanding the Impact of Probable Cause in DWI CasesJanuary 3, 2024 - 7:27 pm
- Sweat Patch Testing on Supervised Release: Examining U.S. v. BonaparteNovember 21, 2023 - 11:04 am
2560 S. Glenstone Ave., Suite C
Springfield, MO 65804
The choice of a lawyer is an important decision and should not be based solely upon advertisement.