Mark was convicted of conspiracy to distribute methamphetamine and spent 10 years as a federal inmate. Shane Cantin interviewed Mark as part of a series of interviews aimed at shedding light on the experience of federal inmates.
Click Here to Schedule Your Free Criminal Defense Consultation
Whether a valid waiver of appellate rights occurred is a question of law that courts will review de novo. The question in this case is whether Defendant “knowingly and expressly” waived any and all rights to appeal his conviction and sentence, except for a claim of ineffective assistance of counsel.
The conditions of probation prohibited Defendant from possessing sexually explicit material – including child pornography, accessing the internet or electronic devices without permission, using nonapproved social media or chat websites, and consuming alcohol or drugs. A standard condition of probation for child pornography-related crimes required Defendant to “submit at any time to an unannounced visit and/or search of the offender’s person, vehicle or premises by the agent/designee.”
- Sweat Patch Testing on Supervised Release: Examining U.S. v. BonaparteNovember 21, 2023 - 11:04 am
- Fourth Amendment Protections: Examining reasonable suspicion, the Miranda warning exception, and search warrant validityJune 13, 2023 - 9:45 am
- False Leads & Unreasonable Searches: Examining US v Riccy WellsJune 9, 2023 - 2:34 pm
- Defense Attorney Mynarich Discusses Stepmom Murder Trial: Defense Struggles to Find Value in Testimony as Prosecution Builds Case for PremeditationMay 9, 2023 - 9:13 am
- Does the Video Support Self-DefenseFebruary 8, 2022 - 10:33 am
2560 S. Glenstone Ave., Suite C
Springfield, MO 65804
The choice of a lawyer is an important decision and should not be based solely upon advertisement.